***FYI: Beginning March 1, 2021, the Newtown Dog Park will be closed for renovations.
The renovations of the dog park, which opened in 2011, include replacing the turf in both the small dog park and main dog park. Both will remain closed throughout construction.
Renovations are expected to be complete by the end of March.
Newtown Dream Dog Park, one of the top dog parks in the country, is located inside Newtown Park toward the front entrance. It is a fenced one-acre area featuring artificial turf, sprinklers for dogs to play in, obstacles to play on, plus water fountains for people and pets. It offers separate areas for large and small dogs, along with benches, shelters, and shade trees.
Dog waste bags are provided and all dog owners are required to clean up after their dogs.
- One acre
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Artificial turf
- Sprinklers around a spraying hydrant (closed during winter)
- Bridge, hoops, tunnels
- Water drinking station for dogs and people
- Walking trail
- Dog waste bags
Newtown Dog Park Rules
- The dog park is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The dog park is CLOSED for maintenance every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Use of the dog park is at your own risk. You are responsible for your dog and any injuries caused by your dog.
- All dogs must wear a collar with a valid license and have current vaccinations required by law.
- Please be considerate and dispose of your dog's waste in the receptacles provided.
- Dogs must be under control and supervision of their handler at all times.
- If your dog becomes aggressive, please leash the dog and exit the park immediately.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Gates must be closed after entrance and exit.
- Puppies under four months and female dogs in heat are not allowed in the park.
- Food (human and dog) and glass containers are not permitted.
- Cats strictly prohibited.