January 24, 2020
The City of Johns Creek will install nine flashing yellow left-turn arrows on traffic signals along Medlock Bridge Road (State Route 141).
The flashing yellow left arrows – which mean you can turn left if the way is clear, but yield to crossing pedestrians and oncoming vehicles – will be installed at the following nine locations:
- Medlock Bridge Road at Hospital Pkwy / East Johns Crossing
- Medlock Bridge Road at Johns Creek Pkwy South
- Medlock Bridge Road at Bell Road
- Medlock Bridge Road at Abbotts Bridge Road
- Medlock Bridge Road at Skyway Dr. / Abbotts Bridge Station
- Medlock Bridge Road at Parsons Road
- Medlock Bridge Road at Wilson Road
- Medlock Bridge Road at Medlock Bridge Pkwy
- Medlock Bridge Road at Bobby Jones Drive
Flashing yellow arrows help reduce accidents and near-misses. Signals in opposite directions don’t always mirror each other, forcing motorists to guess whether oncoming cars will stop, yield, or keep driving. The flashing yellow arrow helps take the guesswork out of making left turns.
The designated intersections will have nine traffic signals to follow:
- Solid red arrow: Stop. No left turns allowed.
- Solid yellow arrow: Prepare to stop.
- Flashing yellow arrow: Left turns are allowed, but first yield to oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
- Solid green arrow: Protected left turn. Proceed with caution.