HomeBusinesses ­ Revenue


Revenue is responsible for the administration, collection and enforcement of the City's business tax certificates, alcohol licenses and excise taxes. The required licenses and permits must be secured from the City prior to conducting or operating any business activity. Visit Business Resources for other helpful resources when starting a new business.

Revenue Division hours of operation

The Revenue Division counter is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at City Hall, 11360 Lakefield Drive, Johns Creek, GA 30097.

Alcohol Licenses / Permits 

Alcoholic Licenses 

A Johns Creek establishment which distributes or sells alcoholic beverages, by the package or drink, must do so under a license granted by the City. Alcohol Licenses are valid for one year and are due for renewal by Nov. 15 each year.

Employee Seller/Server Permit

All managers and restaurant staff who will dispense, sell, serve, take orders, mix alcoholic beverages are required to obtain an employee pouring permit  along with  taking an approved alcohol training program.  All business are required to maintain detailed records of such training for a minimum of 36 months after training. Evidence of alcohol awareness training records shall be made available upon request for inspection by the City. Pouring permits must be renewed every 2 calendar years. Please view the pouring permit ordinance for information on what would prevent an applicant from obtaining a seller/server permit and other relevant facts.

Business Tax Certificates 

All persons, firms, companies or corporations located or engaged in business in the City of Johns Creek are required to register their business with the City and obtain a business certificate by paying occupational taxes and administrative fees.

Business Tax Certificates are valid for a calendar year, Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, and must be renewed by March 31 each year. 

Excise Taxes 

Alcohol sales and hotel/motel room rentals in Johns Creek incur an excise tax payable to the City.