Home » Services » Revenue » Alcohol Licenses / Permits

Alcohol Licenses / Permits  

Alcohol licenses and fees in Johns Creek are administered, collected and enforced by the Revenue division. All establishments which distribute or sell alcoholic beverages in the City are required to apply for a City alcohol license and pay all applicable fees and taxes.

Alcohol Licenses

Alcohol Licenses are issued to qualified applicants and establishments, authorizing the distribution and sale of alcoholic beverages within the City. Applicants must secure an Alcohol License from both Johns Creek and the State of Georgia before transacting business in alcohol sales or distribution.

The City's application process for new establishments takes up to 60 days, from the date the completed application is received, to approve or deny the request. New businesses may qualify for a 60-day temporary license while their application is being processed. Refer to Revenue Fees and Taxes to determine the fee amount. (Note that fees are prorated for a new business).

Licenses are valid for one year and are due for renewal by November 15 each year. Existing license holders will receive a renewal application in the mail. Renewals received after November 15 but before December 15 are subject to a 10% late filing fee. Businesses failing to renew their license by December 15th must reapply for a new license (at full fee). Contact at 678-512-3200 if you do not receive a renewal application by October 15.

Applicants must meet specific criteria, such as distance requirements, background investigations, health and safety inspections, etc. before an application can be approved. Specific requirements are found in Chapter 6 of the City Code.


Employee Pouring Permits

All employees of restaurants, bars, or other establishments with on-premise consumption of alcoholic beverages must obtain an employee pouring permit prior to dispensing, selling, serving or mixing alcoholic beverages. Pouring permits must be renewed annually.

The application process includes filing an application with the associated fee, a 5-year background investigation, and issuance of a photo id card for qualified applicants. The permit must be in the employee's possession when working at the establishment.

Biannual Report of Employees

All establishments with alcohol licenses need to submit a list of all employees with pouring permits in June and December of each year.

Related Forms

Also see: